The year 2020 is almost over and this year brought large chunks of money to some of the entertainment companies despite all the restrictions due to COVID-19.
2020 saw the release of some of the best selling albums in K-pop history. BTS‘ ‘Map of the Soul: 7′ released in February 2020, became the best-selling album of all time in South Korea, with more than 4.3 million copies sold. BTS’ most recent album ‘BE(Deluxe Edition)’ which was released on November 20, 2020 has sold 2.6 million copies to date.
instiz.net uploaded a bar graph to their website listing the entertainment companies which sold the most number of albums in 2020 up until December 15th.
According to the graph, Big Hit Entertainment which also manages boy group BTS, sold about 10 million albums in 2020. Second in line is SM Entertainment which sold about 8 million albums. YJP Entertainment becomes the third most bankable company of 2020 selling about 4 million albums.
Here are the top 10 companies which sold the most albums in 2020:
- Big Hit Entertainment– 10,054,929 albums
- SM Entertainment– 8,162,875 albums
- YJP Entertainment– 4,066,460 albums
- Pledis Entertainment– 2,915,070 albums
- YG Entertainment– 2,751,917 albums
- Off The Record– 1,511,912 albums
- Starship Entertainment– 993,360 albums
- KQ Entertainment– 711,817 albums
- RBW– 670,716 albums
- Konnect Entertainment– 604,707